1. What is Toggle?
Toggle is Mediacorp's digital entertainment service that brings videos on-demand, TV channels, live sporting action and entertainment news to viewers across multiple devices - mobile devices, computers, Smart TVs, Apple TV and Chromecast.
2. Do I have to pay to enjoy the Toggle service?
Most of the content available on Toggle is for free.
Toggle also offers 2 subscription plans – Toggle Prime and Toggle Sports Mania Pass. Toggle Prime allows viewers to watch their favourite shows ahead of everyone else (Toggle-It-First), and Toggle Sports Mania Pass offers live sporting action from Eleven Sports Network. Content that requires subscription for viewing will be differentiated with a “Premium” label.
3. What devices can I use to watch Toggle?
You can watch Toggle on smartphones, tablets, computers, Smart TVs, Apple TV and Chromecast.
We recommend a minimum of iOS 8.0 and Android OS 4.4 for the best experience. Please note that Toggle will not work on jailbroken iOS devices and rooted Android devices.
Tested Android Smartphones include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Note 3, Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4 and S7
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Samsung Galaxy A8
Tested Android Tablets include:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7” & 8.9”)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7” & 8.9”)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Supported Smart TV models (Selected Models):
- LG Connected TV models from 2012
- Samsung Connected TV models from 2012
4. Using Toggle on Apple TV (4th generation)
You can now access Toggle on your AppleTV for free, and watch Mediacorp's latest dramas, variety, news and entertainment buzz clips! For more information on using Toggle on AppleTV (4th generation), please click here.
5. Using Toggle on Chromecast
Chromecast allows you to project Toggle onto your TV screen, and provides the feature to control the Toggle app using your Android or iOS device. For more information on using Toggle on Chromecast, please click here.
6. What is Toggle Red Button service?
Toggle Red Button service harnesses the power of digital TV to deliver a seamless viewing experience to viewers. By pressing the red button on the remote control, viewers can:
- Enjoy on-demand access to programmes aired across Mediacorp channels
- Stay updated on upcoming programmes over the next 7 days with the on-screen TV guide
- Watch the entire catalogue of Mediacorp Library and Toggle Originals programmes
For more information about the Toggle Red Button service, please click here.
7. How do I watch Toggle on AirPlay?
You can also watch Toggle on the AppleTV by using the Airplay function on your iPad or iPhone. Click here for instructions on how to use Airplay to watch Toggle on Apple TV.
SPORTS MANIA PASS
1. Why is Toggle not offering Premier League anymore?
The Premier League is offered on Toggle as part of our sub-licensing deal with Eleven Sports Network (ESN). The decision to stop offering the upcoming season of Premier League lies with ESN as part of their new content strategy.
2. Who will be transitioned to the new subscription Plan?
All existing Toggle Sports Mania Pass subscribers will be transitioned to the new Sports Mania Pass plans at $9.90/month and $99.90/annum.
This includes all existing Monthly Pass ($24.90/month); Annual Pass ($19.90 monthly payments); and Annual Pass ($214.90 one-time prepayment) subscribers.
3. When will this transition occur?
Subscribers will be notified of the transition by email on the 13 June 2017.
The transition will take effect from 10 July 2017, with the following changes;
- Eleven Plus channel which is still playing highlights and matches of the past Premier League season will cease from 16 June 2017.
- All subscribers will enjoy a complimentary viewing from 16 June 2017 – 9 July 2017.
- Eleven & Eleven Sports channels will be renamed as Eleven Sports 1 and Eleven Sports 2 respectively.
- The new club TV channel of your choice (MUTV by default, but subscribers have the option to change to Chelsea TV) will be added on 10 July 2017.
- Existing subscribers will have their current subscription period extended based on the remaining value of your existing package vis-à-vis the new Sports Mania Pass pricing.
- The billing cycle for the new Sports Mania Pass will start on 10 July 2017.
- Subscribers who DO NOT wish to continue with their subscriptions will have to inform Toggle Customer Care at email@example.com by 10 July 2017 for a pro-rated refund based on the residual value of their subscription as of 15 June 2017. Refund will be made within a month via the same credit card used when you first signed up.
4. How will this transition occur?
An email notification will be sent to existing subscribers, notifying them of the change as well as their new extended subscription plan.
There is no need to do anything if you wish to continue with the new plan.
However, if you wish to cancel your subscription, please inform Toggle Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 July 2017 and we will waive any early termination charges, plus offer a pro-rated refund based on the residual value of their subscription as of 15th June 2017
5. What will my new subscription be like?
The new Sports Mania Pass will include 3 channels, Eleven Sports 1, Eleven Sports 2 and one of either MUTV or CHELSEA TV.
The Eleven Sports 1 and Eleven Sports 2 channels will continue to offer subscribers access to popular LIVE sporting events like;
- Emirates FA Cup
- Italian Serie A
- FIFA 2018 World Cup European Qualifiers
- England Home Internationals
- Singapore Home Internationals
- Brazil World Tour
- Scottish Professional Football League
- Copa Libratadores
- Copa Brazil
- Copa Sudamerica
- Campeonato Brasileirao Serie A
- Club channels of Liverpool, Arsenal and AC Milan
- International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour
- Badminton Asia Championships
- FINA World Cup
- 6 Nations Rugby
- PSA World Tour
- ATP 250 tennis tournaments
- WBSC Premier12
- ACB Liga Endesa
MUTV and Chelsea TV are dedicated club channels, offering audio commentary only for ‘live’ Premier League matches, and exclusive behind the scenes content for their respective clubs, such as interviews, post-match analysis and more.
6. What kind of content can I expect on MUTV & Chelsea TV?
MUTV and Chelsea TV are channels dedicated to all things Manchester United and Chelsea respectively, including exclusive interviews and documentaries. The Club TV Channel will offer audio commentary only for ‘live’ Premier League matches, and all matches from the respective clubs on a delayed basis, including any matches played in domestic, continental or other international tournaments, including the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL (League) Cup, and European Competition.
7. How is my new extended period of subscription calculated?
Depending on the type of plan you are on and when you had signed up for your Sports Mania Pass, the length of your new period of subscription will be as follows:
[Residual value / new corresponding new package] + [FREE ROUND UP to full month] + [FREE Months]
|Sports Mania Pass Plan ||Mode of Payment ||Corresponding NEW Package ||FREE Months |
|Monthly $24.90 ||Monthly recurring ||$9.90/month ||0 |
|Annual $19.90/month ||Month recurring with 12 month commitment ||$7.90/month ||0 |
|Annual $214.90 ||Prepayment for 12 months ||$99.90/annum ||3 |
If you had subscribed to the Sports Mania Pass on a monthly plan at $24.90/month on the 20 May 2017, you will have 5 days remaining on your subscription as of 15 June 2017.
Residual value = [($24.90/30) x 5] = $4.15
New monthly rate = $9.90
Remaining duration of subscription = $4.15/$9.90 = 0.42 months
Your remaining period of subscription as of 10 July 2017 will be rounded up to 1 month and will end on 9 August 2017.
Package will be auto renewed on 9 August 2017 at $9.90/month without contract and start on 10 August 2017.
If you had subscribed to the Sports Mania Pass on an annual (pay monthly) plan at $19.90/month on the 11 August 2016, you will have 25 days before your next billing cycle as of 15 June 2017.
Residual value = [($19.90/30) x 25] = $16.58
New monthly rate = $7.90
Remaining duration of subscription = $16.58/$7.90 = 2.1 months
Your remaining period of subscription as of 10 July 2017 will be rounded up to 3 months and will end on 9 October 2017.
Package will be auto renewed on 9 October 2017 at $9.90/month without contract and start on 10 October 2017.
If you had subscribed to the Sports Mania Pass on an annual (prepaid) plan at $214.90 on the 16 of August 2016, you will have 2 months or 60 days remaining on your subscription as of 15 June 2017.
Residual value = [($214.90/365) x 60] = $35.35
Remaining duration of subscription = $35.35/$99.90 x 12 = 4.24 months
+ 3 FREE Months (for prepaid annual plan)
Your remaining period of subscription as of 10 July 2017 will be rounded up to 8 months and will end on 2nd February 2018.
8. Termination Policy
Subscribers who would like to terminate their subscriptions will have to let Toggle know by 10 July 2017 and we will offer you a pro-rated refund based on the unused duration of your existing contract period starting from the day of termination or 15 June 2017, whichever is earlier. Any early termination charges will be waived.
No refunds or early termination of existing contracts will be allowed after 10 July 2017.
9. How will you calculate my refund?
We will give you a refund of your remaining subscription, pro-rated based on a daily rate, i.e. residual value.
If you subscribed to the Sports Mania Pass on a monthly plan at $24.90/month on the 10 June 2017, you will have 24 days remaining on your subscription as of 15 June 2017.
Residual value = [($24.90/30) x 24] = $19.92
10. Can I transition to a Plan without a club channel (MUTV or CHELSEA TV)?
No, the new plan is not available without one of the selected Club TV Channels.
11. Can I change my Club TV Channel?
Yes. By default you will be on MUTV but should you wish to switch to Chelsea TV, you have to contact Toggle Customer Care at email@example.com by 10 July 2017. It will take up to 36 hours to effect the switch.
1. What kind of videos are available on Toggle?
- Mediacorp live TV channels – Channels 8, U, 5, Suria, Vasantham, okto and Channel NewsAsia
- Catch-Up TV – Episodes of TV programmes you’ve missed out on
- Toggle Originals – Fresh and exciting content starring the latest celebrities and online content creators
- Mediacorp Collection – all of Mediacorp’s programmes, from drama and comedy, to variety shows and telemovies
- Sports – live sporting action from One Championship, Eleven Sports Network and more
- Premium movies and drama series
- Entertainment clips – For the latest behind the scenes exclusives and access to Mediacorp stars
2. Do I need to register to watch the videos?
You do not need to register to watch the videos. However, we will encourage you to sign in to enjoy the following benefits:
- Get to your favourite shows quickly with My Watchlist. Plus, stay updated with notifications on the latest episodes.
- Personalized video recommendations with Top Picks
- Resume and watch videos across different devices seamlessly
3. Can I download videos?
Only selected videos are available for downloading.
4. When browsing on Toggle.sg, why do I get re-directed to the Toggle app to watch certain videos?
Due to rights management issues, some videos may not be available on web browsers. Hence, users will be re-directed to watch the video on the Toggle app.
5. Can I watch Toggle when I’m overseas?
All Toggle Originals and most of the Mediacorp programmes are available for overseas viewing. Acquired content such as Korean dramas will not be available for overseas viewing.
6. What is Parental Lock?
Parental Lock is a feature that allows you to manage and restrict the content that your children can access and view (e.g.: NC16, M18). When you turn on the Parental Lock for the first time, a default PIN will be sent to your email address.
7. How do I manage my Parental Lock?
First, sign in to Toggle. Then, select ‘My Account’ to view your account details. Next, select ‘PIN Lock’. You will then be able to manage your Parental Lock PIN as well as enable/disable Parental Lock and Purchase Lock.
1. How do I subscribe to Toggle Prime and Toggle Sports Mania Pass?
To subscribe, click here. If you encounter any difficulties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Care hotline at 6388 3888 (9am – 10pm daily).
2. What are the subscription packages available?
We have various price plans based on period of subscription. All prices quoted are inclusive of GST. You can follow this link to find out more about our different price plans
3. How do I continue to subscribe after the first month?
Toggle subscription is auto-recurring, which means you will be billed on a regular cycle of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly depending on the packages you subscribed to.
4. Are the recurring charges billed on the expiry date stated on the “My Account” page?
The recurring charges will be billed a day before your expected expiry date to avoid disruption to your service. For example: If your service expires on 12th December, the recurring charge will be billed on 11th December.
5. How would I know if the transaction was successful?
Toggle will send an invoice to your email address indicating the content(s) and amount paid for the transaction.
6. How do I cancel my subscription after paying for it?
- Sign in to Toggle, and select the ‘My Subscription’ under ‘My Account’ to view your current package.
- You will need to select “Cancel” to cancel your existing subscription.
- As Toggle is a prepaid subscription service, there will not be any refund upon cancellation. However, you will still be able to watch your favourite shows until your subscription ends.
- Alternatively you may want to contact our Customer Care hotline at 6388 3888 or email us at email@example.com if you encounter any difficulties.
7. Payment Methods
- We only accept payment for subscriptions through VISA and Mastercard credit cards.
- Currently we do not support credit cards from American Express & Diners Club.
- We also do not accept GIRO or cash payments.
1. How do I change my subscription plan?
- Sign in to Toggle, select ‘My Subscription’ under ‘My Account’ to view your current package.
- You will then need to cancel your existing package and subsequently sign up for a new price plan.
- Alternatively you may want to contact our Customer Care hotline at 6388 3888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any difficulties.
2. What is the difference between Purchase Lock PIN and Parental Lock PIN?
Purchase Lock PIN and Parental Lock PIN uses the same PIN. Purchase Lock is used to block purchase of paid content while the Parental Lock is used to restrict the content that your children can access and view (e.g.: NC16, M18).
3. How do I subscribe / unsubscribe to Toggle’s promotional materials?
You may unsubscribe to Toggle’s promotional materials by following the link at the bottom of the email. Alternatively you may send an email to email@example.com to unsubscribe.
4. Is there any penalty for early termination of service?
As this is a prepaid service, there is no termination penalty. However, there will not be any refund for unutilized days of service.
1. Why am I unable to watch videos on Toggle?
- Ensure that you have an active broadband internet connection.
- Please check if you have the supported browsers and/or devices.
- For mobile app, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
For web browser, please try to clear the browser cache and reload the page to try again. You may contact our Customer Care Hotline at 6388 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if the problem persists.
- Kill the app and restart the app or
- Uninstall the app and reinstall the app
2. Why do I encounter constant loading and frequent buffering while viewing a video file? The constantly loading and frequent buffering are most likely caused by slow or interrupted internet connection. You may like to try to restart your router and re-connect to the internet to try again.
3. What are the supported web browsers for Toggle?
The following web browsers are recommended for best Toggle viewing experience:
- Chrome – version 41 and above
- Firefox – version 36 and above
- Internet Explorer – version 11 and above
For Mac:Firefox – version 36 and above Chrome – version 41 and above
4. I have multiple devices. Can I watch Toggle on all of them?
You can sign in without logging out on up to 5 compatible devices. However, you can only watch video on one device at any one time.
5. What should I do if I forget my password?
You can reset your password by clicking on “Sign In” followed by the “Forgot your Password” link. You will need to enter your registered Mediacorp Account email address. A “Password Reset” email will be sent and you will need to click on the link provided to complete the process.
We hope you have enjoyed your Toggle experience so far.
If you are facing difficulties or have interesting suggestions on how we can improve, we would love to hear from you!
You may reach us at our Toggle Customer Care Hotline: 6388 3888 (9am – 10pm, daily) or email us at email@example.com with your name and contact information and we will get back to you within 3 working days.